Welcome to the Timpanogos Elementary School website! Timpanogos has wonderful students, parents and a hard working dedicated staff whose focus is to assure that every student is learning at a high level.
To help our students achieve academically, Timpanogos has implemented several research-based programs for struggling students during the school day and after school classes. The faculty and staff regularly participate in professional development with a focus on providing quality classroom instruction.
Timpanogos has a strong focus on using technology to motivate students and prepare them for the demands of the future. Every classroom is equipped with a Promethean board, projector and all students 4- 6th grade have a Chromebook. You will find students using computers for research, presentations, writing and publishing, assisted learning, keyboarding as well as many other ways.
Approximately one-third of our students are enrolled in a two-way Spanish-English Dual Immersion program, in which students are taught the content in both English and Spanish. Some important facts about this program:
- Students learn through being immersed in each language. Through this program students encourage and teach each other, and eventually become fluent in both languages.
- We use a 50/50 two-way model in which half of the class are native speakers of English and the other half are native speakers of Spanish.
- Students are taught the curriculum 50% of the time in English and 50% of the time in Spanish by teachers with native or near-native fluency of the language of instruction.
A few of the benefits of the two-way dual immersion at Timpanogos are:
- Students become proficient in two languages.
- Spanish-speaking students actually become fluent in English more quickly than tose in English-only classes.
- Students learn and appreciate different cultures.
We hope you find your visit to our website informative and enjoyable. Please call the school if you have any questions. 801.374.4955